Now, you can send a welcome email automatically when someone registers on your site. The message acknowledges the registration and includes a reminder of the user's login and other account management information.
Acknowledging or confirming registrations is an important step in retaining new subscribers and encouraging account management. Best of all, you can tailor the message for your audience.
To get started:
- Go to the Sys Admin menu on the ePublishing Tools Dashboard
- Select System Settings, and scroll down to "user.registration.welcome"
- Click on Edit, and to activate the email, make sure the setting is "true."
When true, a newly registered user will receive the email. When "false," the email is deactivated.
- From the Editorial Tools dropdown menu, select Editorial Content tools
- Select any one of the Content Areas to create or modify the message for each section of the email.
Note: We have placed generic content in each section of the email. You can overwrite each section by selecting any of the following editorial content areas in the menu.
IMPORTANT: the internal name must stay the same.
The following table describes the location and purpose of each Content Area:
|Editorial Content Area||Location||Recommended Purpose|
|user.registration.welcome.email.subject||eMail Subject Line||eMail Subject|
|user.registration.welcome.email.salutation||Salutation||Appears before the user’s first name|
|user.registration.welcome.email.top||1st paragraph under salutation||Welcome Message|
|user.registration.welcome.email.bottom.first||Area above the user's email address||Remind the user that the email address is used for logging in and how to retrieve forgotten password|
|user.registration.welcome.email.bottom.last||Area below the user's submitted email address||
Area for default content:
For more information, please contact your Solutions Manager.