ePublishing is committed to delivering ongoing value and return on investment to its clients through a Software as a Service model that includes regular upgrades. Past enhancements include a Buyers Guide to support lead generation and ad sales coupled with enhancements to a built-in eCommerce system to support a variety of business models, including pay-per-view, site license, subscription sales and member discounts.
With this update, ePublishing adds a Metered Paywall to the extensive tools suite giving publishers virtually complete control over access to premium content. ePublishing clients now have powerful tools comparable to those tested by the NY Times, but with a significant difference: SaaS clients receive all the benefits of our ongoing development roadmap, but pay no development costs.
When combined with ePublishing’s Audience Data Management and Analysis system, the paywall becomes a powerful tool leveraging audience behavior data to target marketing and drive subscription sales.
What is Metering?
Metering adds a new dimension to the premium content strategies already in place on many ePublishing client sites. Now, publishers can allow visitors to view a specified number of articles before having to register or pay for access -- either pay-per-view or subscription.
Metering allows publishers to determine the number of articles viewed before requiring payment and tailor the messaging based on the number of articles viewed and to include special offers, discounts and other promotional tactics.
ePublishing offers two types of metering:
· Registration Required: A site visitor can read premium articles and blog posts for the given timeframe until they hit the cap on views set by the publisher. Once visitors reach the cap, they must log-in, register, or return to the site AFTER the timeframe has lapsed to continue reading premium content.
· Active Subscription Required: A site visitor can read premium articles and blog posts for the given timeframe until they hit the cap on views set by the publisher. Once they hit the cap, they must log-in with an active online subscription, renew their subscription, purchase a new subscription, or return to the site AFTER the timeframe has lapsed to continue reading your premium content.
Publishers control multiple variables:
· Articles and blog posts metered or free,
· Number of days before metering limit is reset,
· The number of articles or posts allowed before registration or payment
· Unique messaging for the metering wall based on number of articles viewed or elapsed time.
ePublishing is rolling out its metered paywall module to clients who will test best practices that produce optimal registration and subscription rates. We'll let you know how it goes. Keep an eye out for future studies on how this new functionality has helped our clients.
The new functionality is built into the ePublishing platform and is available to all clients simply by contacting their Solutions Manager to schedule activation and any design changes to their sites.
ePublishing guarantees its websites, and has invested more than a decade of development and industry experience into a full featured publishing platfom. To learn more about ePublishing’s Enterprise Publishing System and how our new metered paywall can help you make more money, please contact us: (312) 768-6868 or service@ePublishing.com.