Slip into something more comfortable, but don’t lose your edge. This is the idea that propelled FairchildBooks.com into a fully supported eCommerce platform--with a transformative capacity that meets the requirements of the fashion and design industry.
Fairchild Books is the world's leading publisher of textbooks and educational resources for students of fashion, merchandising, retail and interior design. As part of Fairchild Fashion Group, Fairchild Books has the support of an award-winning publishing team that has dominated the fashion industry for over a decade.
Fairchild Books provides unique, insider access to the fashion and design world—and now, readers can purchase books and instructors can find related classroom materials and resources on the site. Even though Fairchild’s books are still available from major retail sites such as Amazon.com—Fairchild’s relaunched site and CMS gives the niche publisher control over their branding and their relationships with instructors. Fairchild knew that investing in these capabilities would help them gain more leverage over their sales and drive an increase in revenue.
With a visually enticing design, the homepage initiates audience engagement from the first, bold look.
By integrating eCommerce into the site, visitors never have to leave to complete their purchases and additional resources are presented exactly where they can find them. Fashion and interior design categories are accessed intuitively--leading to over 240 titles and a wealth of related instructor and classroom resources covering a range of subjects including, textile, design foundations, retailing, color theory, sustainability and more—giving visitors a reason to return, stay longer and subscribe.
Instructors can register and access needed resources without having to re-enter information every time. Supplemental materials are displayed based on their search history—enabling them to access and purchase exactly what they need—without shopping around. Purchases are made simple with easy navigation and auto-fill options. A secure, PCI compliant Shopping Cart allows buyers to buy books on the site, with a real store feel.
Fairchild’s staff benefits from:
- Built-in eCommerce that allows them to capture buyer information, manage related offers that add value and deliver new product updates, book reviews and social networking to keep buyers engaged and aware of the full Fairchild product line.
- The ability to determine product categories/subcategories, using a taxonomy system to create semantically related “recommended reading” lists and resources. This allows them to apply their in-depth knowledge of their products to highlight the Fairchild Books catalog in the way that best supports consistent branding and greater sales.
- Control over access to specific instructor and student resources—highlighting certain resources, while protecting others.
- The Directory Tool: to help customers find a book sales representative, staff can quickly and easily edit and update their unique “Rep Finder,” so that registered visitors connect with their industry contacts for specific product categories.
With the flexibility and scalability of ePublishing’s SaaS CMS Platform, FairchildBooks.com doesn’t have to worry about losing its edge—or its style.
Key Site features
- Secure Shopping Cart
- Intuitive Design
- Dynamic Content Listings
- eCommerce Catalogues, New Product Updates and Offers
- Tailored Directories
- Social Sharing
- Related Products and Resources with Taxonomy Tagging