One of the advantages of a CMS integrated with eCommerce is that virtually all content can be offered as a product or subscription for sale. Articles, Single Issues, Archives, Web-only Content, Buyers Guide Listings, Events, not to mention traditional eCommerce: selling a catalog of Books, DVDs and Downloads.
Innovative, built-in tools offer the flexibility to test tactics that fit a particular market and fine-tune sales strategies. Here are a few examples:
- MDM.com sells premium content, 30-days Research (Archive) Access, and Single Copies
- CreditUnionMagazine.com sells Directory listings with Basic and Premium tiers
- Success.com sells magazine subscriptions and a huge inventory of books, CDs, DVDs and downloads
- FDANews sells newsletter subscriptions and registration to live and archived events
- IBJ.com offers free trials to print and online subscriptions; premium content is made available in real time.
In addition to selling content, publishers using an integrated toolset like the ePublishing platform can market content more effectively. Presenting products and other services related to an article is a powerful method to convert a publication website into a revenue generating tool.
Presenting a variety of resources in Search results creates a valuable resource for your subscribers and customers. For example, SDMMag.com, a BNP Media publication, presents a number of resources on every Search Results page:
To see the ePublishing platform in action, contact us at service@ePublishing.com, or call (312) 768-6868.