- Our Platform
- About Us
In the online publishing world, we spend a lot of time trying to learn about our readers and exploring new ways to create the content they are looking for. We also try to make it as easy as possible for them to find that content, along with content they didn’t even know they were looking for. It’s easy to forget that we are consumers too and we have valuable insight into what works for the people we are trying to reach. After all, we have interests and preferences in common with them. Our emotional intelligence can be used to enhance our business intelligence.
We’ve talked about the importance of having a Web Content Management Platform that gives you the control to modify your site in response to user behavior supported by A/B testing. But we often talk about it only from a behind the scenes perspective. Drawing on the customer’s actual experience is also important.
Take the time to be your own customer. Research, shop and purchase your own products online and find out if you fit your own bill.
- How’s your website load-time?
- Is it easy to compare your products with the competition?
- Do you make real people readily available to assist via phone or chat, and do they have strong customer service skills—with the ability to under-promise and over-deliver?
- Is the payment process smooth, secure and simple?
- Is overall communication accurate, timely and then above and beyond?
- Were you not just satisfied, but impressed at the end of the process?
- Did something positive entice you to return, sooner rather than later?
Ask yourself these questions, and then ask yourself the questions that will reveal the stones in your foundation.
Do you foster a working experience that nurtures your co-workers or employees as well as you nurture your clients? It’s not a coincidence that healthy working environments result in excellent customer service.
Do you choose to work with partners who also believe in a balanced and healthy working relationship? If not, it may be time to re-evaluate who you want to collaborate with.
Does your content capture who you are? People are still highly social beings and they still crave authentic contact. They look for you in every aspect of your business. Make sure they can see you clearly.
Just because we live in an online world, does not mean that our own programming is no longer relevant. In fact, it’s more relevant than ever.